ReseñasAún no hay reseñas
4 Amazing Days in Canada's Remote Wilderness
Seeing Killer Whales (Orcas) in their natural habitat is breathtaking – imagine sea kayaking where they roam! Capturing this remarkable experience and finding the best spot to go kayaking with orcas is what you will discover when you take a trip to the remote Orca Camp.
Canada’s west coast is known for its large population of orcas. As the northern resident killer whales travel down the coast to feed on salmon, you will be right there at Orca Camp. On this kayaking tour you will launch your kayak into the waters of Johnstone Strait each day in prime killer whale territory.
Time at camp is an experience not to be missed. Safari sleeping tents, hot tub, gourmet food, and a rambling beach make this kayaking tour Johnstone Strait’s best glamping experience.
Every day you will be out on the water with the possibility of kayaking with orcas. The waters of Johnstone Strait are deemed a critical habitat for both resident (fish-eating) and transient (mammal-eating) Orca pods. Killer whales spend their summers in and around the Robson Bight Reserve directly beside camp. There is no road access to this region so only few have the privilege to go.
Some Orcas are in these waters all year long. During the summer months all Northern Resident pods congregate in Johnstone Strait to feed on the abundant migration of salmon. You can often witness whales feeding by the kelp right from our beach.
The draw of this region is the opportunity to be kayaking with orcas. Given their wild nature, you can never be guaranteed to be kayaking with orcas and humpback whales, however your chances to encounter whales in this area is some of the best the world has to offer.
- Camp is located in prime killer whale territory
- Great opportunities to see wildlife, whether you are out kayaking or relaxing at camp
- Custom coastal cuisine designed by Quadra Island Gourmet Chef
- Wood-heated common area and dining room
- Spacious safari sleeping tents on wood platforms
- Comfy beds and warm, cozy blankets ALL provided
- Wood-fired Hot Tub and Native Sauna
- Hot water shower
- High staff to guest ratio
- Small group size
(4 DAY/3 NIGHT PACKAGES)
June – September
August 30 – September 17, 2019
July 19 – August 27, 2019
Incluye / No incluye
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Private Transport
- Entrance fees (Cable and car and Moon Valley)
- Box lunch water, banana apple and chocolate
- Departure Taxes
- Entry Fees
- 5 Star Accommodation
- Airport Transfers